|IT’S FESTIVAL WEEK!!!!!!
Woo hoo! It’s here and we’re ready! Wait, we’re ready? Yep, talked to Jen and everything is good to go. The 30 degree temperature difference is finally working in Flagstaff’s favor! LOVE those 80 degree summer days! If you are new to the festival, please remember to bring a sweater or jacket. I know when you’re dealing with 112 degrees in Phoenix the thought of summer and a jacket seems insane, but once that sun goes down, it gets MUCH cooler! If you don’t want to trust me, we will have long sleeve shirts and hoodies for sale!
People are asking exactly how does this festival work? Well, here’s the low down!
WHERE IS THE FESTIVAL?
We are located on the corner of Country Club Drive and Old Walnut Canyon Road. When driving down Country Club – look left – you’ll see the stage and tents!
Take I-17 north, take the I-40 east bound exit number 340A, continue to the I-40 Country Club exit number 201 and take a right. Continue on this road until you see the driving range on your left! Follow the signs to the nearest parking available.
From Las Vegas:
Take US-93 south towards Phoenix. Merge onto I-40 E to exit number 201 and take a right. Continue on this road until you see the driving range on your left! Follow the signs to the nearest parking available.
From New Mexico:
Take I-40 west bound to exit number 201 and take a left. Continue on this road until you see the driving range on your left! Follow the signs to the nearest parking available.
WHAT CAN BE BROUGHT INTO THE FESTIVAL?
- Ticket! Either printed from your email or on your phone – we just need to be able to scan
- One sealed water bottle will be allowed – no more than 32 oz (plastic or metal only)
Empty water containers as you’d like – we will have water refill stations inside!
- Sunscreen, hats and sunglasses
Small umbrellas (any umbrella or sunshade tent that is lower than 3 feet when sat on the ground)
- Blankets or beach towels
- Fanny Packs
- Non-professional Cameras
- Lawn Chairs
- Valid Driver’s License for will-call and/or to drink alcohol
- Warm clothes for the evening
- Cash: most vendors only accept cash; ATMs are available on-site
- Dancing shoes
- A good attitude
WHAT SHOULD I LEAVE AT HOME?
- Professional still/video camera equipment
- Audio recording equipment
- Pets (except service animals – we ask that they have on service tags/collar)
- Pop up Tents, canopies, hammocks or Large umbrellas
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal substances or drug paraphernalia
- Ice chests or coolers
- Outside food
- Glass containers of any kind
- Outside Alcohol (alcohol will be sold at the Festival)
- Laser Pointers
- Personal drones
- Fireworks sparklers, or incendiary devices
- No unauthorized vending – if you are not a registered vendor you cannot sell or distribute anything on festival grounds. Violators are subject to be ejected.
IS THERE FREE RE-ENTRY?
We want to make sure that if you need to leave and re-enter, that you have the opportunity to do so. However, we discovered numerous bottles of wine, beer and hard alcohol in the parking lot when we picked up the day after last year’s festival, so, we will only be allowing 2 re-entries into the festival. Entry staff will mark your wristband or wrist and after 2 marks, you will not be permitted to re-enter without purchasing another ticket. We apologize for any inconvenience, however, we could be fined $10,000 for each parking lot drinking infringement that occurs.
WHAT DO WE PROVIDE AT THE FESTIVAL?
- Stage and 7 amazing bands!
- Port-a-potties (and plenty of them)
- Trash Cans (Please help keep the scene clean)
- Lost & Found (located at the information tent)
- A wide variety of Food and Craft Vendors
- Beer and Wine available for purchase
- Kids Area
- Medical Tent. EMTs have basic supplies like ibuprofen and sun block
- Hydration Station – refill your water bottle or grab a cup and enjoy a nice glass of water
CAN I SMOKE AT THE FESTIVAL?
NO SMOKING!!!!!! Unfortunately, we have entered stage 3 fire restrictions and that means NO SMOKING unless inside a building or a vehicle. As many of you know, Flagstaff is experiencing a major drought, and our forests are closed to everyone. The smoking ban will be strictly enforced – Jen and I really love our beautiful mountain, so please help us keep it safe.
WILL THERE BE ADULT BEVERAGES? – Seriously?
- Bud Light
- Deschutes Fresh Squeezed
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
- Stone Ripper
- Coronado Orange Ave Wit
- Mother Road Tower Station
- Lumberyard Railhead Red
- Oak Creek Nut Brown
- 3 Amigos Margaritas
- Shock Top Lemon Shandy
- Black Butte Porter
- Michelob Ultra
- Ace Perry Cider
- Omission Pale Ale
- Simple Life Pinot Noir
- Simple Life Chardonnay
- Bellstar Proseco
WILL THERE BE FOOD VENDORS?
- Sweet Street Mini Donuts – Delicious Mini Donuts made fresh and hot to order. Also serving Lemonade, Cherry Limeade, Coffee, Sweet Tea and Bottled Water.
- Cody Coyote Kettle Corn – Kettle Corn, Italian Ice, Nachos, Cotton Candy, Soda, Bottled Water
- – Hamburgers, Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Italian Sausage, Chicken Tenders, Giant Curly Fries, French Fries, Pretzels, Soda and Bottled Water.
- Sally’s BBQ – Barbecue sandwiches, Pulled pork & beef brisket, Ribs half rack full rack, loaded ribbon fries topped with pulled pork cheese barbecue sauce and jalapeños. Mack daddy Mack and cheese with my pulled pork and barbecue sauce. Brew dog jumbo hotdog or smoke sausage top with pulled pork barbecue sauce and slaw. Soda and Bottled Water
- Alejandro’s Mexican Food – Authentic Mexican Food
- Eddy Dee Inc – Gyros, Greek Salad, Wraps and more!
- White Mountain Food – Curly Fried Apple, Cajun Chicken on a stick, bottled water and Pepsi products.
- Fratelli Pizza – Flagstaff’s Best Pizza, serving it up hot and fresh and with a smile!
- Freedom Fun Concessions/Dippin Dots – Ice Cream, Floats, Water and Soda
- 3’s in the Tree’s – Local Flagstaff Food Truck with options for meat eaters and vegetarians!
Jennifer and I are excited to host everyone at the 6th Annual Flagstaff Blues and Brews Festival! Ticket sales have never been better and I’ve decided to keep adding tickets if they sell out. I should probably let Jen know, so she can order more fencing. (and now you know what the poor kid has to deal with on a daily basis!)
Also, we got word that Sonesta has opened up more rooms! Get your today – seriously you can’t get any closer to the venue!
Thank you again for all your support of this festival!